Wednesday, August 14, 2013

DIY Bath Toy Tub

 
My boys love playing with lots of small plastic toys in the bathtub, and lately they've had a lot of fun playing in their sinks. The toys are usually left all over the bathroom, and our growing collection no longer fits into the container I once had for them. So I thought I would make them a new home. I used a large plastic tub that was once filled with animal crackers from Costco, a rubber ducky, yellow spray paint, and some chalkboard vinyl. You can follow the steps below to make your own. 


You will need:
-Large plastic tub with lid
-Rubber Ducky or other toy to attach to the lid
-Glue
-Spray Paint
-Chalkboard Vinyl or chalkboard spray paint 

1. Glue the toy to the lid and let dry.
2. Spray paint the lid and the toy. You will probably need to do 2-3 coats to fully cover the toy.
3. While the lid and toy are drying drill a hole or a few holes in the bottom of the tub to help water drain.
4. Cut the chalkboard vinyl to cover the old label of the plastic tub. I cut two labels using my silhouette machine to cover an old label on the front and the back. You could also cut the vinyl with scissors. Or if you are using chalkboard spray paint, follow along here.
5. Once your chalkboard label is on, fill the tub with toys and place on the lid!




1 comment:

  1. Very cute! You might want to drill a few holes in the bottom of the container to let the water drain out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!