Sunday, June 23, 2013

Home Remodel: Before and After Exterior Paint

We weren't originally planning to paint the exterior of the house before moving in, so when we made the last minute decision to have it painted we had 1 day to choose the colors! I quickly began searching colors online and asking friends for any input or suggestions that they could offer. I knew that I wanted to paint the exterior grey, but there are about a billion shades! I found a picture on pinterest, here, that I really loved. I have also always loved pictures of colorful front doors, so we decided to go with a bright and cheery yellow front door! You can't really tell in the before picture above, but the roof was green, so we also painted that as a temporary solution until it is replaced in a few years. We also have future plans to one day get rid of all the rock in the front yard and replace it with grass.

Here you can see that the house originally had a beige block with green accents. We also replaced the front light with a vintage barn pendant from restoration hardware. 

 BEFORE PAINT
AFTER PAINT


BEFORE PAINT
 AFTER PAINT


BEFORE PAINT
AFTER PAINT

 We painted the exterior block and walls with Dovetail Gray by Sherwin Williams

We painted the trim White Dove by Benjamin Moore

The front door was painted with the color Daisy by Sherwin Williams,
however he added some white to match the color Lemon Twist (shown above).
Mixing it that way allowed us to get the paint in an exterior quality paint.

The roof was painted black using Behr Masonry and Stucco Paint.


3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! Seriously, a 1000000x better than before! I love the gray and the yellow front door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek and oh my gosh, all at the same time. That door color is AMAZING! Great picks for color, love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that yellow door! I live back in the middle of nothing but if there were anyone who could see my front door, I believe I would've painted it yellow too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!