Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bonnie Inc.




 
Today I want to share with you a little about Bonnie from Bonnie Inc. Bonnie has a wonderful blog and shop where she sells some great vintage finds! The items above are some of my favorites from her Etsy shop! Make sure you go check out her blog and shop, and read more below as Bonnie shares about herself, how it all got started, and what influences and inspires her! Bonnie Inc. will also be one of the vendors at the Holiday Shoppe on November 26th! You can follow Bonnie here:

 
How did Bonnie Inc. get started?
I like to consider myself a “jane-of-all-trades,” so I absolutely love to learn how to do just about anything and tackle it hands first! From a very young age I was handmaking cards, bookmarks, personalized welcome signs, and scrapbooks. Deep down, I think it was always a dream to become an entrepreneur and I can remember writing “Bonnie Inc.” (Beautiful Incorporated) on the backs of my creations even when I was just an adolescent. I abandoned the brand for a while but never gave up creating; songs, jewelry; paintings. I sat on a website, bonnieinc.com for several years, but in 2010, my husband gave me that big shove to go for it. I combined my love of shopping for dismissed furnishings and a keen eye for style, to create Bonnie Inc. Distinct Refurbished Furniture & Interior Design. I hope to grow into a full, eye catching storefront and a successful commercial designer.
Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am a designer, inventor, recycler, bargainer, animal-lover and wife. I am a native of Arizona but have loved living in Rochester, New York and Bridgeport, Connecticut. I have a quirky yet supportive husband whom I lovingly call my trophy husband (for his outrageously good looks, of course) and two (furry and slobbery) children. I started out my professional path with a degree in Elementary Education but decided to exit on a more creative and personally fulfilling road. I pursued an education in Interior Design and took on side projects beautifying furniture. I’m happiest creating; using my hands to make items that appeal to my eyes.
What do you do outside of Bonnie Inc.?
 Besides my love of design, I enjoy many other aspects of life. I spend quite a bit of time with my dogs, including frequent trips to the dog park and pet store. My husband and I often compete against one another on the tennis court, and ongoing scrabble games (I won the past 2). I practice yoga 4 times a week to maintain sanity and take a break from the millions of ideas flooding my mind. The kitchen is one of my favorite rooms, where I take delight in baking and learning to become the next Masterchef (I have an unhealthy obsession with this show). I love a clever joke, a good book and any opportunity to laugh!
Where does your inspiration come from?
Nature, ancestry, my grandmother. The curve in a dirt road or an unruly field.
Who has been most influential in your craft?
I have to thank my paternal grandmother, Annie, for all her influence and support in my craft. She has patiently taught me how to sew, crochet, cook and many other things throughout the years and without her I wouldn’t be the successful and creative person that I am today. My mother has possibly been equally as influential by taking me to antique stores, teaching me to cherish the beauty in things old, and always making sure there is room in the house for the sewing machine!
What piece do you most cherish?
Although I cycle through obsessions over particular types of furniture, whether it be lamps or entry tables, my most cherished item is the dresser my husband and I acquired together. I have always had a particular affinity for 9 drawer dressers and this one brought us closer. It was our first piece of what I like to call, “real furniture,” and it’s absolutely beautiful in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!