Sunday, May 3, 2009

Strawberry Margaritas

I bought 4 lbs of strawberries at Costco this week and have been trying to use them up before they go bad. I made strawberry margaritas for Casey and I tonight and they turned out pretty good! Here's how I made them:

  • 1 1/2 cups of strawberries rinsed with stems cut off
  • 2 cups of ice
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar, plus more to rim the glass
  • 2 limes, 1 juiced and use the other to slice for garnish
  • 2 shots of tequila
  • splash of orange juice
Squeeze lime juice along the rim of the margarita glasses, then dip in sugar (or salt). Place the ice in the blender followed by the strawberries, sugar, lime juice, tequila, and orange juice. Pulse to break up the ice, then blend on high until smooth. Pour into the glasses and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!